Company is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Company’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
As a Controller, you’ll monitor the company’s financial status, review quarterly and annual budgets and manage company financial systems. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience with risk management.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we comply with accounting regulations, maximize profits and mitigate risks.
What you'll do
- Supervise monthly financial close process
- Supervise A/R, A/P, and payroll processes
- Ensure accuracy of the accounting and financial information
- Work with Treasury to lead Company's internal cash management program
- Work with FP&A to manage company budget process; establish budget schedule, develop budget- forecasting/projections, and implement robust budget-to-actual review with Executive Team
- Develop detailed dashboards to assist in management decision making and setting the strategic direction of the company
- Perform and lead internal audits and assist with external audits
- Prepare and manage tax filings, while working with external tax CPA to prepare federal tax fillings
- Develop systems and controls in a rapidly scaling business
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- CPA required
- 8-12 years of work experience preferred as a Controller or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and legislation
- Experience with cash management and risk assessment
- Experience in distribution, manufacturing, production or CPG industries preferred
- Strong work ethic; self-starter; team player; exceptionally detail oriented
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional business stakeholders
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and commercial skills
- Uncompromising integrity, exceptional judgment, positive attitude and interest in being challenged every day is a must
- High-potential self-starter with superb attention to detail, an ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment and a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves and own processes
- Ability to work independently, be a critical thinker, take initiative and make decisions in a constantly-changing industry
- High-level, circumspect, thoughtful and nuanced approach to problem solving