Fast Growing consumer good manufacturing is looking for an accounting focused controller who has CPA and also has experience in process improvement.
The Corporate Controller is the organization’s senior accounting manager whose primary responsibilities include overseeing and directing the day-to-day activities of the G/L, Accounts Payable, Account Receivable. In this role, the Controller will ensure that policies and procedures adhere to a system of internal controls and perform general accounting duties to include period-end financial reporting and variance analysis. This is a “hands-on” position requiring continuous improvement leadership, strong operational experience and the ability to develop and implement a standard cost system.
- General Accounting. Maintains adequate accounting systems, processes and internal controls to meet business needs. Manages the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, cost accounting, fixed asset records, general accounting and RTO accounting. Ensures data and process integrity, protection of company assets and compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and GAAP standards. Routinely consults with management to improve accounting systems, processes and efficiencies.
- Month End Closing. Supports the period-end close process by providing financial reporting and performance results, prepares and posts general ledger journal entries and reconciles accounts monthly / quarterly, as required. Maintains period-end close calendar and functional close checklists.
- Budgeting. Assists the CFO in the development of annual budgets and preparation of monthly forecasts.
- Assets. Prepares Capex investment requests and monitors actual spending against approved budgets; maintains fixed asset records in the Fixed Asset System.
- Audits. The Controller is the chief liaison with the external auditors for the annual financial, insurance and benefit plan audits.
- Taxes. Manages the timely reporting and payment related to all taxes: income, sales, property, etc.
- Inventory Management and Costing. Supports and improves the physical inventory process and modifies inventory procedures as necessary. Works with Operations to drive cost and inventory reductions at plant and store locations. Participates in the development and maintenance of the standard cost system, ensures product costing accurately reflects production operations, analyzes and reports on significant year-over-year standard cost changes. Reviews and monitors slow-moving inventory, and keeps track of actions for reducing the slow-moving inventory.
- Improvement Plans. Works closely with the Senior Leadership Team to develop tactical Continuous Improvement Plans. Drives continuous improvement through use of key performance indicators.
- Other: The position may be called upon to perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Accounting and/or Finance. CPA certification is must.
- Five years of relevant experience leading the accounting function within a multi-location business. Exposure to both manufacturing and retail preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have background in continuous improvement. Attention to detail and timeliness required.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications (with advanced skill in Excel.)
- Experience with SAP is preferred but not mandatory
Equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.