Are you an entrepreneurial accounting professional? Do you have a passion for driving strategy and working closely with leadership of a fast-paced, growing company?
As the Controller, you will be a key partner of a high-profile team, working side by side with the CFO. You will provide crucial business intelligence to support strategic decision making and influence decision that have a real impact on P&L. This position plays a critical role in achieving the company’s goals, and candidates should be able to work well with a diverse group, have a proven capacity to develop and maintain an accounting group, and show a strong independent streak.
The company is a Series D fintech company looking for a Controller who can build out the appropriate financial controls, process improvements, automation, and operational guidance. This role will lead and expand upon a talented accounting organization and provide strategic financial guidance to the senior leadership team.
- Continue to build and scale the accounting group.
- Develop internal control guidelines, policy, and procedure. Implement proper financial controls.
- Oversee global month-end close. Design, implement, and maintain appropriate process & policy to enable accurate, and timely financial reporting. Speed-to-close is a huge focus.
- Provide technical accounting leadership and guidance on significant and complex accounting matters, especially those related to revenue recognition in the dynamic and evolving event and ticketing industry
- Set the strategic direction for our financial systems team to ensure the proper automation, auditability and controls on our underlying data sets and records
- Prepare timely and accurate consolidated financial statements for our investors and Board of Directors
- Work closely with FP&A on developing and maintaining the ideal chart of accounts that allows for closing speed and detail for management reporting needs
- Liaise between external auditing firm and internal financial operations and control partner
- Work with CFO and General Counsel on corporate governance matters
- Oversee tax; assist and support outside counsel on all required tax filings.
- Ensure compliance with state, federal and foreign regulatory requirements, and professional standards
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- CPA is highly preferred strong operational and technical accounting background preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, internally and externally across all levels
- Experience with a S-1 registration process and SOX compliance is preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of internal controls, internal & external reporting, and audit processes.
- A leader who gets involved in the business and can appropriately set near and long term priorities for the team
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet hard deadlines is a must