CONTROLLER – MANUFACTURING
Our client is a large manufacturing company with an immediate need for a Controller at its facility near Waco, Texas.The controller is a key business leader responsible for Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, cost control, asset management, IT, and business decision support. The Controller will collaborate with Senior Management to position the business for financial growth and efficiency, and to ensure that the Company meets or exceeds its financial commitments. The Controller is also responsible for maintaining accurate financial records and effective financial processes, systems and controls, to ensure compliance.
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
In addition to a great compensation package and benefits,our client is rapidly growing and has a great track record of working with career minded individuals who are looking to further grow their careers. Relocation Assistance is also available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversees the monthly accounting close process, along with timely and accurate reporting of financials to Corporate. Ensures statements correctly reflect the Company’s financial position in accordance with GAAP.
- Reviews financial results and key financial metrics with Senior Management. Assesses and quantifies risks, monitors the execution of deliverables, recommends and implements action necessary to improve profit and financial position.
- Leads the development of the annual Business Plan and monthly Profit & Loss forecasts, including monthly margin forecasts.
- Supports Senior Management in the evaluation and execution of New Business opportunities. Prepares financial analysis to support Customer Quoting process and investment decisions. Works with Sales & Marketing to optimize payment terms.
- Works closely with Senior Management, Manufacturing Organization and Sales team, to improve the Company's financial performance.
- Evaluates Capital Expenditure requests and validates return on investment.
- Performs pricing analysis and audit, to ensure compliance to the Company's Pricing Policy.
- Supports functional leaders to achieve Productivity/Cost Improvement commitment. Proactively promotes cost and headcount controls.
- Effectively manages Working Capital with focus on Inventory, Trade Receivables, and Trade Payables.
- Evaluates financial processes and systems, to drive continuous improvements in efficiency, internal controls, and reporting capabilities.
- Maintains internal accounting control and SOX compliance. Supports internal and external audits.
- Responsible for staff development, training, evaluation, coaching and succession planning. Creates a workplace that fosters teamwork and strengthens communication, within and outside the department.
- Participates or leads special projects as required.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Establishes and maintains information systems, process and data information, and sets controls which verify the integrity of all systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; MBA and/or CPA certification preferred.
- 10+ years of direct accounting and managerial experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must possess a strong understanding of financial analysis, account budgeting and forecasting methods, along with strong working knowledge in GAAP, accounts payable, accounts receivable, costing and inventory, payroll, and income tax.
- Experience working in a manufacturing company required.
- Excellent computer skills with a high level of proficiency in Excel, along with a strong understanding of computer programs, systems, and applications of MAPICS.
- Must be an experienced and effective leader, and a strong manager with problem solving, decision making, and organizational skills, to mentor and develop a good team, extracting the best performance possible.
- Must be a ‘hands-on’ type individual, with the ability to interface on the shop floor, along with senior leadership and others -- all equally well.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
*** Relocation Assistance is Available for this Role ***