Savage Arms is an innovative firearms manufacturer in Westfield MA, making single action, bolt action hunting rifles. Our ingenuity has always been Savage Arms’ driving force. We're constantly looking ahead, finding new ways to leverage technology to push performance ever higher. But we’re not just a bunch of lab geeks, either. We’re shooters. Hunters. Competitors. We know what makes or breaks a firearm’s performance out there in the real world.
We are currently looking for a full-time Controller. The successful candidate will perform all aspects cost and financial management, financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
Other essential functions of this position are:
- Monitor the financial performance of the company
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets
- Propose annual standard costs and overhead rates
- Develop and manage internal controls
- Communicate financial and operating metrics to the management team
- Provide cost accounting leadership
- Establish, monitor, and enforce policies and procedures
- Monitors and confirms inventory cycle counting and BOM accuracy
- Analyze manufacturing variances and initiate corrective actions
- Analyze product gross margins
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participation in professional societies
Savage Arms is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.