A US based global manufacturer of industrial machinery, automation, and robotic systems is looking for a Controls Engineer to be based out of a Cincinnati based business unit.
Job will entail a variety of electrical engineering and controls engineering functions including PLC programming, changing code configuration, work with a Master Programmer from Italy on any PLC customization work, machine wiring / startup, IO testing, functional testing, check / troubleshoot any electrical, schematic or circuit issues and check off on machine startups before shipment. Will be involved in all controls / electronics / electrical related projects for the company. Position could lead to managerial related activities as the department grows in the future. Will work directly with the US technical team (Mechanical Engineer and Assembler) and will be supported by US Technical Advisor and technical team based in Europe.
- Apply electrical engineering knowledge to machinery principles and materials, manufacturing methods and processes to ensure that designs are functional, practical, economical, safe, meet required codes and satisfy customer operating requirements.
- Interface with Senior Engineers, Project Managers and occasionally customers to understand and clarify specifications and project design objectives.
- Operate computer-assisted design software to perform engineering tasks.
- Work with panel shop technicians to ensure that assembly, wiring, installation and operation of control panels and electrical systems conform to quality standards, applicable codes and customer requirements.
- Construct accurate and complete bills of material based on designs that conform to cost and performance objectives.
- Inspect, install, troubleshoot and debug machine systems during manufacture and prior to shipment.
- Proactively revise designs to meet specifications and deadlines.
- As needed, provide on-site and off-site technical support to the companys Field Service Technicians and customers to address and resolve issues encountered during machine installation, start-up, repair and retrofit.
- Write, compile and produce preventative maintenance procedures for control panels and electrical systems.
- Manage electronic files and database library to company standards.
- BSEE (MS preferred) with a minimum of 2-7 years Electrical and Controls Engineering experience including : AB PLC and HMI Logic, Servo / AC / DC motors, electrical power distribution and UL/NEMA/CE codes.
- Ability to modify AB PLC code and program AB PLCs are a MUST.
- 2-7 years practical experience in electrical design and/or application engineering---advanced coursework may satisfy this requirement
- Proficient with EPLAN Electrical and/or SolidWorks Electrical design software
- Will travel up to 10% of the time in US and Canada for any controls related / PLC emergency issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to successfully interface with superiors, peers and external customers
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Flexible and dedicated to doing what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to effectively prioritize duties and handle multiple projects concurrently to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite