About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
- Process and packaging control system design, control panel engineering, SCADA, PLC and HMI programming, site construction management, and site start-up support of integrated control systems
- Specification, design, development, and testing of SCADA, Manufacturing Intelligence, and MES applications.
- Minimum 3-5 years of direct automation experience with HMI, SCADA, PLC’s, DCS, and process control system architecture design required.
- Packaging and process controls experience in the Consumer Products and/or life sciences industries is preferred; food/beverage and/or engineering consulting experience is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in electrical design, programming and troubleshooting of process and packaging systems.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (ControlLogix, PLC5, SLC500) PLCs, PanelView HMIs, Industrial Communication Networks and control panel design is also required.
- Siemens programming experience (PCS7, S7 PLCs, WinCC) is preferred.
- Experience with FactoryTalk View SE, Intellution iFix, Wonderware, VisualBasic, Web Design, Network Design, Servos, and Vision applications are also a plus.
- Candidates need to possess good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors.
- Candidate should also be self-motivated and capable of working in a project team environment.
- 20-40% regional travel required to support installation and start-up activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related technical degree (Preferred)
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.