About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Controls Engineering Manager will lead a team of electrical and controls engineers across a multitude of industries/sectors. The qualified candidate will be proficient in architecting and defining complex solutions for multiple system integration projects as well as assigning teams, monitoring and supporting project(s) to successful completion, supporting/creating technical standards, project scheduling, planning and oversight.
The qualified candidate will be involved from the proposal development stage through the entire project life cycle. This position requires a high-energy individual with excellent leadership, teamwork, partnering, mentoring and communication skills; with foresight to anticipate trends and problems that are effectively and efficiently resolved. This position requires the willingness to wear multiple hats as required.
- Scheduling work and activities, monitoring and supporting controls engineering team to satisfy the anticipated workload and client requirements Undertake recruiting responsibilities as necessary Managing, mentoring and motivating team Developing training objectives and strategies that support the business’ objectives Coordinating project workloads and activities where necessary Work with regional offices to help develop/modify methods or procedures
- Demonstrates and applies broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate clear project updates on a regular basis Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve challenging issues
- Responsible for overall success of team and projects
- Support development of proposals
- Development of client relationships and oversight of projects that incorporate engineering, design, and programming of integrated and automated manufacturing systems
- Development of electrical schematics, PLC programming and HMI/SCADA development
- Provide leadership for automation project execution from concept, specification, development, integration, testing and startup
- Direct interface with project teams and clients to ensure alignment with project objectives
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- Relocation assistance may be provided for qualified candidates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with minimum 9 years of combined technical and people management experience.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:Design Group US Inc