Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Structures is currently seeking a Controls Systems Software Engineer to join our team in our Clearfield, UT offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining, supporting, and continuing development of automated manufacturing machines and systems.
- Learning the details of currently implemented control system hardware and software for customized Fiber Placement machines with an emphasis on HMI support.
- Learning from highly experienced engineers and gradually take over certain responsibilities.
- Eventually taking over maintenance and future development of the control software.
- Training technicians to correctly operate Northrop Grumman designed automated machines.
- Supporting production in using the machines and assist maintenance personnel as needed when troubleshooting and repairing the equipment.
- Participating in R&D programs to improve system capabilities and bring new ideas & technology into projects and pursuits.
- BS Computer Science, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
- Must be experienced in C#, SQL Server, and WPF.
- Must be willing to be trained and work with legacy software.
- Must interface productively with production technicians, management, and other engineers.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- MVVM experience
- Linux experience
- Experience with closed-loop servo systems.
- Soft PLC programming
- Software experience in Entity Framework, Java and web services
- Fiber placement experience
- CNC programming experience
- TwinCAT programming experience
- Electro Mechanical background
- Indramat, and Yaskawa servo equipment
- Control system programming experience
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to make appropriate decisions that support overall project objectives.
- Ability to drive projects and processes
- Ability to partner with leadership at all levels.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues is a short time frame.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
- Ability to organize and multi-task
- Strong problem-solving skills
- BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or BS Mechanical Engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.