The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the comprehensive management of the assigned region. Position is accountable for the management of the sales organization and process as well as collaboration and coordination with Marketing and Underwriting service deliverables and profitability.
Drive financial performance of assigned region
Manage Territory Distribution
Provide Leadership of Territory and Expertise of Sales Process & Products
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business or related field.
- Professional designations (CIC, CPCU, ARM) highly desired.
- 3 or more years of territory/region management experience.
- 5-7 years of commercial lines insurance experience; Demonstrates expertise with a variety of sales and insurance concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Insurance sales and/or agency management experience preferred.
- Prior underwriting experience preferred.
- E&S experience a plus.
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES|
- In-depth knowledge of niche oriented commercial insurance marketing preferably in the non-profit human services/education segments.
- Demonstrated ability to accept change and lead within a change-oriented environment.
- Established record of meeting sales goals within a disciplined planning process.
- Ability to use common and complex concepts, practices and procedures within the Sales and P&C Insurance fields.
- Convey clear, concise information to others, using verbal or other appropriate communication techniques.
- Detail oriented; ability to compose correspondence that is factual, well organized and concise, utilizing proper English, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Must be able to prepare complex reports, spreadsheets, budgets, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Comfortable utilizing video conferencing tools and various mobile devices/tablets to accomplish job duties.
- Perform advanced mathematical calculations/problems (formulas, percentages, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Analyze data to formulate and prepare budgets and long-range goals
- Ability to work remotely, utilizing independent judgement and creativity.
- Frequent overnight travel required.