It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
- Perform routine, emergency, and preventative maintenance on either forklifts or conveyor systems.
- Repair and make adjustments to equipment utilizing hand tools.
- Assists in the repair and maintenance of a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic devices.
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility maintenance.
- Work with Big Lot’s staff members and support the team as needed.
- For conveyor repair: install belts in machinery, tightens bolts, adjusts tension rolls, straightens parts, and align rollers.
- For forklift repair: Interpret manufacturer’s technical manuals to perform maintenance/repair as needed.
- Troubleshoot issues such as brakes, electrical and hydraulic systems, detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and/or malfunctions.
- Electrical and troubleshooting skills up to 480v. Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Practice safe work habits at all times
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and
- Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Additional repair and maintenance around facility as needed.
Knowledge and Skills
Prior flat belt conveyor experience or experience with electrical forklifts High speed sorter experience huge plus Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in maintenance work. Excellent interpersonal skills Ability to communicate effectively
Education and Work Experience
1-3 years of experience as a Maintenance Mechanic, repairing and maintaining heavy equipment Forklift mechanic, certified Operator
- Basic hand tools
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!