Handling Systems Inc. is a full service material handling company with multiple locations on the west coast. We do everything within the four walls of a warehouse from selling, leasing and renting our forklifts to designing and building conveyor systems and racking.
Handling Systems is seeking Conveyor Field Service Technicians of all levels to service, troubleshoot, and repair all types of Conveyors that Handling System sells and services at customer locations. Prior mechanical work experience preferred but not required, mechanical ability is enough! We determine this through a series of interviews and pre-hire assessments.
Pay is based upon level of experience.
Our Field Service Technicians are compensated for hours worked. A typical workweek consists of 40 or more hours of work (flag hours do not exist here!).
We provide competitive benefits to our employees such as paid holidays, three weeks paid personal time off (increasing with time), paid training, company van, gas card, apprentice tool kit, and company uniforms to name just a few.
When you decide to become a Raymond Conveyor Field Service Technician, it is not just a job; it is a career choice.
The primary objectives of a Conveyor Field Service Technician are: 1) the proficient repair and service of the customer's Conveyor equipment, 2) to maintain good communication and working relationships with customers, peers, and management, 3) to represent and sell the entire company, 4) to be profitable with direct labor billing, 5) work within all safety guidelines established by HSI and OSHA.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Repair all types of Conveyor equipment that RHSI sells and services.
- Proficient in lacing, splicing, cutting, vulcanized, and cold bonding belts.
- Mechanical, Electric, Pneumatic and software integration problem solving.
- Alignment & tracking of belts.
- Possess sound working knowledge of basic A.C / D.C. electricity.
- Maintain a profitable billing level and complete jobs within quoted time limits when applicable.
- Communicate with assigned Field Supervisor.
- Have the necessary tools to perform repairs and scheduled service work.
- Maintain an accurate assigned parts inventory, if applicable.
- Represent the company favorably in all situations.
- Establish a positive rapport with customers.
- Perform other specified duties and projects as assigned by the Service management.
- Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting skills is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Hydraulics and/or Pneumatic systems.
- A successful track record of employment
- An aggressive commitment to achieving success
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently
- Availability to work overtime and occasional on call shifts
- A professional demeanor
- A superior level of customer service that promotes goodwill between the company, customer, and other associates.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with personal computers, MS Windows or similar system, familiarity with internet and email functions. Must be able to use a keyboard to enter data accurately.
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Handling Systems, Inc. Is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/V/D
- Employee Events
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/paid time off