SUMMARY Prepares, dishes-up, and serves menu items. Has adequate knife skills, manual dexterity and speed. Understands food preparation very well and needs very little supervision in areas of competency. Competent in two stations.
SKILL, EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The qualifications for this position are normally obtained from at least one-year's experience as a cook in a restaurant or catering business.
- Has some knowledge of European and American cookery principles. In Garden and Pantry is competent in two stations in restaurant and is learning other stations. In Banquet kitchen is competent in many salads and entrees. In Roof is competent in morning or evening station and in carving station.
- Neat and clean in appearance.
- Non-smoker on the job.
- Able to move up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Able to communicate in English with employees.
- Able to hear instructions in noisy environment.
- Able to understand and carry out simultaneous instructions.
- Has food handler's permit.
- Has manual dexterity to use knives and other kitchen equipment used in food preparation.
- Able to read and understand menus and recipes in assigned kitchen.
- Owns knives and tools.
- High energy level, able to work fast, and stand on feet for entire shift.
- Prepares, dishes up, and serves menu items in a timely manner to written and verbal orders in a fast, energetic, productive, and efficient manner.
- Competent in two stations as described in Skills, Education, and Qualifications.
- Understands all recipes in assigned kitchen.
- Cleans and restocks refrigerators.
- Maintains a hygienic workstation and product.
- Adheres to and champions all Board of Health regulations and practices.
- Moves food, materials, and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Maintains a high energy level and is able to work fast and stand on feet for entire shift.
- Safely operates all kitchen equipment.
- Regular attendance is required in a timely manner.
- Is courteous and hospitable to guests and employees alike at all times.
- Keeps area, equipment, work surfaces, and tools clean and sanitized. Takes responsibility to ensure general work area is clean and safe. Cleans up after self and at end of shift. Always works safely.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS1. Performs other duties as directed or as needed. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions at will.