The Cook is responsible for preparing menu items to be served to restaurant guests; continually ensuring the highest quality by observing the appropriate procedures and cooking times; maintaining proper shortening levels and cleanliness while maintaining a constant awareness of projected sales and product requirements.
The successful Cook is able to:
- Ensure every order is prepared as the guest requested, with the highest possible quality and as quickly as possible.
- Treat all guests and team members with respect.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and comfortable work area for guests and team members.
- Ensure all ingredients and food products are properly stored, handled, prepared, and presented with the greatest care and concern for food safety.
- Unload inventory from delivery trucks. Stock inventory using day dots to ensure proper rotation.
- Clean interior of building as required; clean strains and filters in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- No previous experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and training materials.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
While performing duties of this role, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; talk and hear to communicate with employees; and taste/smell. The employee is frequently required to handle, feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this role include peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally exposed to cooking fumes. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.