Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Cook position prepares and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts or other food items to restaurant quality in a high volume, fast paced hospital kitchen environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all main line food production duties with specific items determined by assigned shift.
- Prepares food as indicated by par level sheets and in accordance with both Nutritional Services and Health Department standards.
- Ability to work independently with very little oversight.
- Reviews the needs of the day with assigned supervisor(s).
- Is responsible for quantity and quality control in food production as well as overall sanitation of assigned area.
- Attractively presents all items with appropriate garnish and correct portion size.
- Follows all food service safety protocol, temp logs, and sanitation logs.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure quality presentation and sanitation.
- May be required to place orders or check in freight.
- Neat and clean personal appearance.
- Follows dress code according to departments policies.
- Assists other food service personnel.
- Actively supports and participates in performance improvement activities.
- Assists coworkers during staffing shortages.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
Must have a High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Must have Municipality of Anchorage Food Handler’s Card or ServSafe contingent upon 30 days of hire.
Must have one (1) year of work experience or documented vocational training sufficient to demonstrate a knowledge of cleaning equipment, food preparation, and general cleaning processes or a suitability for this type of work.
- Able to follow standardized written recipes.
- Proficient in using the following equipment: Steam tables, dish machine, trash carts, knives, ovens, slicers, mixers, grill, grinder, fryer, broiler, Flat Tops, counter mixer, roasting ovens and kettle.
- Must pass a fingerprinting background investigation that complies with The Crime Control Act, Child Care Worker Act and the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Proof of immunization for measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), Varicella (chicken pox), TB, and any other immunizations and screenings designated in the current ANTHC Employee Health Program for Infection Control in Hospital Personnel.
- Contract requirescandidate to get flu shot pre-hire and annually thereafter.
- Contractor may be required to maintain all employee health records on site.
Level One:An individual is ineligible to work in any position that has Regular Contact With or Control over Children, Dependent Adults or Vulnerable Persons if the individual has been convicted of:
- One or more felonies and/or two or more misdemeanors of Crimes Against Persons and/or Crimes of Violence.
- Any Crime against a Child, Dependent Adult or Vulnerable person, regardless of its classification as a felony, misdemeanor, or other type of offense.
- Any Sex Crime, regardless of its classification as a felony, misdemeanor, or other type of offense.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors: environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to be done inside.
Noise level: Moderate
Description of environment: This is an industrial hospital kitchen located in a healthcare setting.
Physical requirements: Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000