This position is offering a $500 bonus!
Is it time for you to leave the uncertainty of your restaurant behind? Are you looking for essential employment with no late night hours and more purpose in your work? Autumn Glen wants to talk to you!
The primary purpose of this position is to prepare and cook hot and cold food in accordance with current applicable
federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, as well as overall supervision of kitchen and as may be directed by the supervisor and/or Director of Culinary Operations, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review menus prior to preparation of food. Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus, standards, and
recipes. Meals must be palatable and appetizing in appearance.
2. Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is served to the resident. Serve food in accordance with
established portion control procedures. Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus.
Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and special diet orders.
3. Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Director of
4. Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
5. Assist in establishing food service timelines to assure that meals are prepared timely.
6. Prepare and serve substitute foods to residents who refuse foods served according to policy.
7. Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
8. Assist in food preparation for special meals, parties, and events.
9. Meet federal and state in-service requirements.
10. Lead the kitchen staff in duties and tasks as necessary.
Safety and Sanitation
1. Prepare food, etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations including hand hygiene as well as with established policies and procedures.
2. Ensure that the work area is maintained in a clean and safe manner. Ensure that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
Equipment and Supply Functions
1. Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
2. Assist in inventorying and correct storage of in-coming food, supplies, etc., as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions and follow instructions
- Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly people within the facility.
- Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education and Experience
- Culinary background and experience.
- Prefer 6 months experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Must be knowledgeable in cooking variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must be knowledgeable of culinary practices, procedures, and food safety.
- Prefer Serve Safe Certification or Food Handlers Certificate.