LTD Hospitality Group is seeking highly motivated individuals with expertise in effective and efficient restaurant operations. Our ideal candidates should exude a passion for the hospitality industry that will attract and inspire associates to cultivate an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking for an exciting career with unlimited opportunities to thrive within LTD’s growing portfolio of properties, we have an immediate opening for you to join our team as a Cook.
The cook will ensure high levels of food quality, presentation and cost control according to recipe cards
- Food preparation will include operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure, and mix ingredients, wash peel, cut and shred fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry and fish for use.
- Control food waste, loss and usage per Guidelines for Operations. Assisting in setting plans and actions to correct any food cost problems.
- Check pars for shift use; determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time taking into consideration meeting rooms, hospitalities or employee events. Whenever possible, avoid over preparation.
- Assist in preparation, production, and service of special functions.
- Filter oil in deep fat fryer daily.
- Assist in storing food when any deliveries arrive. Date and rotate all food containers as required.
- With help from the Dining Room Attendant, clean entire area, close and lock storage cabinets.
- Be able to set up, operate, clean, and sanitize all equipment in a safe manner.
- Check condition of area and equipment, notifying your manager of areas needing attention.
- Follow sanitation standards at all times making sure to follow proper hand washing techniques as frequently as possible.
- Be extremely aware of cross contamination and how to avoid it.
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and or ability required.
- Have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under a high pressure environment
- Knowledge of food and beverage products
- At least one year of experience as a cook
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
LTD Hospitality Group has taken pride in superior hotel development and management for more than 30 years and is a recognized leader managing top-performing brands under Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and InterContinental Hotel Group flags.
LTD’s core values focus on people, relationships and opportunities. The LTD culture was established by the founding partners and to this day continues to guide the successful performance and profitability of our hotels, while maintaining the highest standards of quality, service and cleanliness.
The greatest key to our success is our people. Our diverse team of associates is responsible for creating a distinctive experience that keeps our customers coming back. We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and are committed to investing in them. We provide comprehensive training, as well as career advancement opportunities for all of our associates. We also offer competitive benefits to ensure that a career at LTD is satisfying and rewarding in all aspects.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401 (k) with company match
- Voluntary Short Term
- Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Hotel Discounts
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development Opportunities and Much More!
For more information about joining the LTD family, please visit www.ltdhospitality.com. We look forward to hearing from you!