Merkin Vineyards Tasting Room & Osteria features finely crafted Arizona wines paired with freshly made breads, pasta, salads and more… Our restaurant and tasting room are well-known and well-established and we look forward to adding a talented, dedicated and energized Lead Line Cook to our team!
In addition to our restaurant food program we are also actively engaged in preparing packaged foods for retail sales via our online websites and in-store to-go options. The majority of our packaged products are made from our own home grown fruits and vegetables. Additionally, we offer a line of freshly made gelato flavors as well as a handmade, dried pasta program.
Experience: Two years or more of supervisory experience in food/kitchen management as well as experience in processing fresh foods for packaging.
Compensation: Competitive salary offered – based on experience.
Duties Include: The following is a general, but not fully inclusive, list of basic daily/weekly job duties and functions:
- Management: Oversee, train, guide and support kitchen staff.
- Menu Development: Contribute individually and collaboratively to recipe ideas and concepts.
- Menu Execution: Order, prep, cook, plate and send all items on the menu.
- Quality Control: Be accountable for food items meeting or exceeding taste and plating profiles.
- Cost Controls: Comprehend and manage inventory, COGS, labor, supplies, etc. consistent with budgetary guidelines.
- Assessment: Daily observational coaching and guidance of each team member in relation to their performance.
- Food Safety: Cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the work area.
- Provide ownership with constructive feedback in relation to improved
Benefits: Eligible for health insurance and vacation pay (subject to policies).
- Yavapai County Food Safety Manager Certificate.
This job is ideal for someone who is:
- Team oriented and appreciates providing support to others while expecting support in return.
- Dependable and reliable in relation to their work schedule and work duties.
- Adaptable and flexible to a dynamic workplace that is structured but also evolving.
- Goal oriented and appreciates and responds well to working towards specific results.
- Self-managed and self-aware once provided goals and objectives.
- Collaborative by nature and appreciates offering and receiving creative ideas and constructive feedback.
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years