SUPPORT STAFF POSITIONS
QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrated aptitude for successful performance of the tasks listed and certification of good health signed by a licensed physician.
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager/Principal
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
JOB GOALS: To assist school personnel and students in matters related to meal service in an efficient, courteous manner.
1. Prepare and serve the food as directed by the supervisor and outlined on the provided menu cycle.
2. Maintain assigned duty schedule as directed by the supervisor.
3. Clean equipment after each meal and store unused food items in the proper manner.
4. Keep the food preparation and food storage areas in a clean, organized and workable fashion at all times.
5. Lift up to 25 pounds as needed.
6. Inform supervisor or director of food services of any job-related concerns.
7. Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee.
8. Possess the ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in written form, with administrators, staff and the community as needed.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment will be on an at-will basis for nine-months, beginning with the first day of the work calendar or at the time of employment for duration of school year with prorated personal leave. Each employee will be provided a yearly work calendar showing the specific daily work schedule of the employees. The work calendar may be modified by the Board of Education at any time, as needs dictate.
Four hours will constitute a workday . A definite daily schedule will be established by the Director of Student Nutrition Services and the head cook and approved by the Assistant Superintendent of Personnel.
The yearly salary will be disbursed in nineteen (19) equal payments or twenty-four (24) equal payments per employee’s choice.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of support staff personnel.
Adopted: April 5, 1982
Revised: June 19, 2000
Revised: May 15, 2006
Revised: October 20, 2008
Revised: November 16, 2009
Fort Zumwalt School District, O’Fallon, Missouri