As a cook at Heritage Senior Living, you will not only get a great work/life balance (with no shifts ending later than 7 p.m.) but you’ll also be able to use your culinary expertise to make a real and lasting impact on the lives of our residents!
As one of the country’s industry leaders, Heritage Senior Living provides exceptional senior care and services throughout Wisconsin. Our goal is to enhance and enrich residents’ quality of life – and preparing amazing food is one of the best ways to do that!
Our cooks work closely with our executive and sous chefs to provide an unparalleled dining experience – from dietary planning and food preparation to serving residents and planning specialized culinary events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to menus and recipes, special dietary needs, correct portioning of food, food presentation, and proper serving methods as instructed by the executive chef
- Monitor food preparation and timeliness of serving, including compliance to all
- HSL policies and procedures and state guidelines
- Work under the supervision of and take instructions from the executive chef and sous chef
- Assist with planning and preparation for life enrichment special events and activities as requested
- Provide customer service to residents during meals, including brief visits to monitor satisfaction
- Monitor inventory of supplies, labels, dates, and rotates as needed per HSL and state guidelines; communicate needs to the executive chef and ensure proper storage
- Ensure compliance with state and local health department guidelines
- Monitor and ensure cleaning schedules and infection control procedures are being followed
- Monitor equipment condition, including the temperature and chemicals in dishwasher; report any problems to executive chef or executive director
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the executive chef
- High school diploma or equivalent; certification in food service preferred
- Previous experience in food preparation required
- Experience in health care setting preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to use good judgement to problem-solve and make good decisions
- Strong management and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of sanitation and infection control practices
- Strong customer service orientation; ability to multitask
- Ability to work collaboratively with all coworkers
- Must submit and pass all applicable pre-employment and annual tests and meet all training and other applicable state and federal regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit a resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your interest in the position and working for Heritage Senior Living.