TABITHA’S MISSION AND VISION: Motivated by Christian compassion, Tabitha delivers a continuum of exceptional and innovative Elder Care services that promote the dignity, independence and well-being of older adults. Tabitha’s love embraces a society where everyone is valued and empowered to live life to the fullest. Each Tabitha employee upholds the mission and standards of Tabitha.
The Food and Nutrition Associate II is responsible for assisting in food preparation. This employee strives to uphold Tabitha’s LIVE2Care Culture and actively embraces Tabitha’s Core Values. As a result, the employee supports Tabitha goals related to dignity, respect, independence, competence, autonomy, personal comfort, safety and security of elders/residents/clients (hereinafter, “elders/clients”). In addition, the employee contributes to the success of Tabitha through ongoing collaboration with, coworkers, management, volunteers and others in the organization.
- Works under the instruction and direction of the food service supervisor to perform daily tasks.
- Assists cook in preparing food items (i.e., vegetables, salads, and desserts) for meal service in large quantities to meet the needs for Tabitha Nursing and Rehab Center, Meals on Wheels, Tabitha the Club – Adult Day Services, GracePointe and catering.
- Follows recipes according to appropriate safe food handling procedures, using food service equipment.
- Provides personalized service during guest interactions.
- Procures food from storage areas, freezers, and refrigerators. Maintains proper storage of food.
- Assists with the packaging of MOW meals.
- Prepares food to order in dining room as requested by client/elder (i.e., eggs, hash browns, toast).
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing galley, dish room, and equipment by completing daily and weekly cleaning assignments.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to independently work and also problem solve with nursing staff.
- Prioritizes workload, making adjustments throughout shift to meet frequently changing departmental needs. Willingly takes on additional duties during times of peak workload.
- Complies with HIPAA regulations regarding privacy by insuring that Protected Health Information (PHI) is safeguarded at all times. In addition, maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding any matter pertaining to any Tabitha elders/clients.
- Consistently uses strength, dexterity, agility and good body mechanics when performing essential functions. Follows appropriate safety and infection control policies and procedures of Tabitha and/or community and regulatory agencies.
- Assures reports of broken and malfunctioning equipment are made in a timely manner.
- Follows disaster plans and uses strength and agility during participation in preparedness drills and actual emergencies. Maintains a safe work environment.
- Completes required training and in-services promptly. Demonstrates understanding of the course content and implements training in daily activities.
- Makes good decisions that contribute to the success of the department.
- Performs work duties within the assigned work environment related to the position, as assigned by Tabitha, regardless of employee preference.
- Maintains courteous relationship with supervisors, co-workers, elders/clients, family members, loved ones, members of other departments and volunteers, providing support and assistance to co-workers to ensure quality elder/client care. Volunteers to assist others and seeks opportunities to serve elders/clients/loved ones/coworkers/Tabitha.
- Participates in meetings and in-services on both department and company levels.
- Maintains a good record of attendance and punctuality as defined by Tabitha’s policy pertaining to attendance and punctuality. Records all time worked accurately and consistently using the timekeeping method provided by Tabitha.
- Complies with Tabitha policies and procedures as published by Tabitha and which may be modified at Tabitha’s discretion. Contributes to quality assurance and performance improvement activities by identifying instances of non-compliance and taking appropriate action, including reporting violations of Tabitha policy or regulations as appropriate.
- Acts with integrity and in the best interest of Tabitha. Business relationships are conducted in the best interest of Tabitha, free of gifts, cash inducements, gratuities, favors, or other perceived improper inducements.
- Willingly completes other duties as assigned.
As a member of the Tabitha team, I will…
…extend unwavering Christian compassion
…build relationships rooted in love, because love matters
…identify, clarify and anticipate needs to exceed expectations
…create an atmosphere of teamwork
…nurture an environment of innovation and growth
…demonstrate confidence, boldness and determination
…devote our time, talent and treasures
…recognize and encourage all accomplishments big and small
COMMUNICATION: Must be able to accurately weigh and measure food ingredients required. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language including instructions and labels. Sufficient fluency to be able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, provide instruction to others, read and understand labels, read warning signs and/or labels, instructions, policies, procedures or other similar documentation, hold a conversation, participate in meetings, prepare legible, accurate and thorough documentation as required by the job and interact with coworkers and managers effectively. Ability to recognize and interpret non-verbal cues. Ability to respond calmly and clearly to emergencies, heavy workloads and changes in priorities.
WORKSITE CONDITIONS: Works indoors in a facility maintained by Tabitha that will typically be in good repair, clean, well ventilated and well lit. Works near hot oven, grills, and steam tables; works with sharp objects; enters walk-in freezers and refrigerators. Frequent exposure to cleaning products, chemicals (including hazardous chemicals), wet or slippery floors and loud and/or continual noise. Frequent exposure to elders, including exposure to elders who are experiencing extremes of emotion. Works beyond normal scheduled hours and on weekends and holidays when assigned. Is subject to extended hours or callback during emergency conditions or based upon needs of the organization.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to gain access to the work area and then safely perform the duties of the job while utilizing standard and specialized equipment, including but not limited to the equipment described below. Physical stamina with the ability to perform duties while moving about the work area for the entire shift with few opportunities to sit down and with little or no break between tasks. Strength and stamina sufficient to frequently and continuously lift, push, pull, reach, squat, kneel, bend, carry, twist, pinch, grasp, climb stairs while carrying supplies, assume and maintain awkward positions while performing duties (such as working to maintain equipment) and manipulating various supplies and equipment. Frequent periods of intense activity. Vision within normal limits (with or without correction). Must have unrestricted lift/push/pull ability and pass a 50 - pound physical exam demonstrating strength and agility prior to employment and from time to time thereafter at Tabitha’s discretion.
EQUIPMENT USAGE: Standard and specialized equipment including but not limited to steam jacket, two-compartment electric steamer, Rational Ovens, convection oven, conventional oven, grill, microwave, warmer, Buffalo food processor, slicer, food choper, large and small mixers, blender, food processors, refrigerator, freezers, and garbage disposal.
AGE REQUIREMENT: At least age 18.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Six months of experience in quantity food production in health care facility or similar competency level preferred.
CREDENTIALS: Prep/Cook Level Food Handler Permit required for Tabitha campuses in Lancaster County.
STATEMENT OF EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
Tabitha Health Care Services is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all employment practices and decisions including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, and the termination of employment.
Furthermore, Tabitha Health Care Services will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship, safety, and/or health risk. Please contact Tabitha Health Care Services Human Resources Department to request an accommodation.
As a government contractor, the organization has adopted written Affirmative Action Plans for women and minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. These plans will be revised on an annual basis. Tabitha Health Care Services is committed to making a good-faith effort toward achieving the objectives of the Plans. Any employee who would like to review the Plans may do so by scheduling an appointment with the Human Resources Department during normal business hours.