Organization: Adventist Health Castle
Primary Location: United States-Hawaii-Kailua
Job Posting: Nov 20, 2019, 7:47:52 PM
Shift: Day Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Located minutes from Lanikai Beach in Windward Oahu, Adventist Health Castle is nestled at the base of the beautiful Ko’olau mountain range. More than just a beautiful campus, AHCS also one of five organizations nationwide to receive the 2017 Baldrige National Quality Award.
Featuring a full-service medical center, Castle offers a wide range of inpatient, outpatient, and home-based services, with over 1,000 employees and staffed by more than 300 physicians. Located just outside of Kailua, AHCS serves all of O'ahu and is the primary health care facility for the Windward side of the island.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Cook who:
Prepares food for patients, customers and catered events in a consistent and efficient manner by utilizing food production standards and food safety procedures. Cleans, dish washes, and sanitizes dishware and equipment. Prepares and serves food items for customers and catering. Assists in overseeing the kitchen and facility operations. Provides products for customers and communicates needs to department head.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks food for facility patients, employees and visitors. Displays and serves food to customers. Ensures dietary needs are met. Previews menus and work orders to determine type and quantities of meats, vegetables, soups, salads, and desserts to be prepared. Plans cooking schedule so that foods will be ready at specified times.
- Ensures work stations are sanitary and inventory levels are maintained. Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, and tenderizers. Ensures each item prepared meets quality standards in taste, appearance and ingredients used, and that a desired sanitary level is maintained throughout the entire process of food preparation.
- Attends and assists in training personnel.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's / Technical Degree in culinary arts or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- ServSafe certification or equivalent: Preferred