Cook Full Time
AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Great Health Benefits
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Amazing Organization to work for
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of Daytona Beach.
· Follows culinary production records in the preparation of patients and retail food production.
· Small batch cooks and/or cooks to order to ensure quality and temperature of food.
· Checks prep/pull sheets for the following day and pulls/preps foods as needed.
· Prepares attractive and palatable food for patient therapeutic and regular diets in quantities dictated by the food production sheets and room service tickets.
· Prepares food for the cafe and catering.
· Set up and garnish patient and cafe steam tables; may also participate in set up and/or serving of catering.
· Maintains sanitary conditions of floors, stove, worktables and other equipment used in the performance of duties; records temperatures appropriately following HACCP Guidelines.
· Assists in putting up stock and maintains rotation of stock, keeps storage areas organized and sanitary, with all foods labeled and dated.
· Minimizes waste of food by following production sheets and correct portioning of food, as well as through rotation of stock and appropriate handling and storage of all food.
· Attends culinary production meetings for effective team communication.
· Any other tasks as assigned by a manager; communicate with manager and other staff to ensure overall organizational needs are met.
What You Will Need:
· Knowledge of cooking methods is needed.
· Must have ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instruction in English.
· High school graduate or equivalent required.
· One year of foodservice experience in a high volume culinary production capacity.
Under the direct supervision of the FANS management team, the cook is responsible for the handling and preparation of food in accordance with established recipes, sanitation regulations, and following all HACCP Guidelines of the Department.