Cook AdventHealth Care Center Burleson
This position is located in Burleson
Huguley Nursing & Rehab
301 Huguley Blvd, Burleson, TX 76028
Walk-In Applicants Welcomed for Immediate Interviews
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Care Center Business Office
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Prepare all foods for meals according to menus using standardized menus and procedures.
- Ensure that all food served is palatable, seasoned properly and visually appealing.
- Ensures proper portioning and serving of food according to menus, recipes, and tray cards.
- Ensures that meals are served at designated times.
- Ensures that all meals are garnished according to the menu.
- Ensures that all leftovers are properly stored in containers, dated, and used within 24 hours.
- Cleans kitchen area including stoves, steam table, work table, and refrigerator at the end of each shift.
- Ensures that all carts, dishes, and trays are clean and sanitized.
- Ensures all food and items are stored on shelves 12 inches off the floor and 12 inches from the ceiling.
- Records food temperatures at each meal.
- Records refrigerator, freezer, and storeroom temperatures according to schedule.
- Follows proper safety, sanitation, and handwashing procedures at all times.
- Puts away fresh produce when it arrives.
- Works on the tray line.
- Prepares meat to be defrosted according to the menu.
- Supervises the kitchen in the absence of the Kitchen Manager and Nutritional Services Director.
- Complies with local, state, and federal codes and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Healthcare Dietary experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Food Sanitation Certification – Must have upon hire or within 90 days of start.
Prepares, cooks, and serves food in a sanitary manner according to posted menu using furnished standardized recipes and procedures. Assures food is served at proper temperature and at scheduled times. Responsible for serving diets according to tray cards
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.