Landmark Hospital of Napleshas an exciting opportunity for a cook to join our dedicated and professional team, where we are committed to providing the highest level of customer service and quality of care to our patients.
Position: Cook - Full time Must have flexible availability.
Summary: Prepare food in accordance with prescribed patient diet specifications, facility procedures directed by the Clinical Dietitian and Chef Manager to ensure optimum food quality service.
- Follows culinary production records in the preparation of patients' food production
- Small batch cooks and/or cooks to order to ensure quality and temperature of food
- Checks prep/pull sheets for the following day and pulls/preps foods as needed
- Prepares attractive and palatable food for patient therapeutic and regular diets in quantities dictated by the food production sheets and room service tickets
- Set up and garnish patient and dining
- Maintains sanitary conditions of floors, stove, worktables and other equipment used in the performance of duties; records temperatures appropriately following AHCA and HACCP Guidelines
- Assists in putting up stock and maintains rotation of stock, keeps storage areas organized and sanitary, with all foods labeled and dated
- Minimizes waste of food by following production sheets and correct portioning of food, as well as through rotation of stock and appropriate handling and storage of all food
- Attends culinary production meetings for effective team communication
- High school graduate or equivalent
- ServSafe certification preferred
- One year of food service experience in a high volume culinary production capacity
- Knowledge of cooking methods
- Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instruction in English
- Experience in institutional healthcare or hospitality industry preferred
About us: Landmark Hospitals is a privately owned, seven hospital system with locations in Georgia, Missouri, Utah and Florida. Landmark Hospitals are licensed as acute care hospitals and certified as long-term acute care hospitals in order to specialize in providing transitional care for medically complex patients. Each of our hospitals is recognized as the regional Transitional Care Hospital of choice in their respective markets. What makes Landmark Hospitals especially unique is that the company is owned by a surgeon, so the focus on people, quality, safety, and clinical outcomes resonates throughout the company.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.