GlenBrook Health Center is currently hiring a full time cook.
Our kitchen serves 165 residents breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Meals are always prepared from scratch and customized to each resident. We offer competitive pay and great hours (most cooks leave by 8:00pm). This is not a seasonal position: you will always work a full 40 hours a week. Earn outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flex spending accounts, and 401(k) with match. Starting with your first year, accrue 10 vacation days, 6 sick days, and 2 personal holidays; plus there are 6 paid holidays. Within our large Food & Beverage team, there are many opportunities for growth and promotions. Come work with our team! The Cook is responsible for the preparation of all food items as per standardized recipes.
- Responsible for preparing and serving all food items per standardized recipes to include, but not limited to: soups, stocks, sauces, boils, braises and roasts items as well as fries, steams, grills and bakes.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours and determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus. Ensures that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Follows all safety procedures when handling kitchen equipment and complies with department sanitation standards and personal hygiene/uniform standards.
- Minimum of three years experience as a cook in a hotel, restaurant, retirement community or similar institution
- Ability to plan and organize work, to interpret instructions, recipes, specifications and standards
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment operations and maintenance. Some knowledge of nutrition and diet
- Culinary education preferred
About Glenbrook Health Center:
The five-star rated GlenBrook Health Center is located adjacent to the campus of La Costa Glen in Carlsbad, and offers 94 Skilled Nursing beds and 70 Assisted Living rooms with professional staffing 24 hours a day. Set in a beautiful location, surrounded by natural hills and lush landscaping, our skilled nursing creates a nurturing and caring environment. GlenBrook has achieved Medicare�s 5 star facility rating since its inception and annually receives outstanding state survey results across the board. Our skilled nursing has an outstanding nursing team, enjoying high staffing ratios resulting in very low nursing team turnover. Our assisted living offers personalized assisted living and secured dementia care. The community also provides full-service physical, occupational and speech therapy and rehabilitation departments, as well as other key services.
The community is bordered by vistas and gardens, a serene and positive setting in which to heal, rejuvenate, and experience quality of life. The use of vibrant color, cascading waterfalls, and fruit trees provide inviting areas in which residents and families may enjoy outdoor special moments of peace and tranquility.
We appreciate your interest in our employment opportunities at our Community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) with match. Apply online at VisitGlenBrook.com/Careers.