Become a part of The Hearth® team!
The Hearth offers a challenging and rewarding work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits. We support employees' ongoing growth and provide regular training through Care Connect® and opportunities for professional development.
We are currently seeking a Line Cook to join our community's team.
Position Description: This position is the passion of our operation, cooking from the heart by scratch daily and taking full ownership over the meals and flavors produced from their hands.
- Strong working knowledge of basic cooking methods such as soups, sauces, egg cookery, sauté, grill, sandwich preparation, etc.
- Understanding of kitchen safety, and sanitation
- Responsible for not only the main dining room’s food service and preparation, but also Keepsake Village’s meal services and snack time preparations
- Follow state and local Department of Health regulations at all times regarding sanitation and safety in kitchen and kitchen outlet
Qualifications: A minimum of one year experience in a as a line cook or culinary training in a vocational setting. Current ServSafe Certification is preferred or other Safety and Sanitation training. Moderate reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; auditory and visual skills; ability to bend, stoop, sit, stand, reach, and lift items weighing 50 pounds or less; satisfactory completion of post-offer, pre-employment physical as required.
The Hearth Communities offer an encouraging environment where employees are able to support our Residents in an atmosphere that is designed to keep them as healthy and active as possible. Employees often say their favorite part of the Hearth is our Residents! The Hearth culture also embraces employees having fun at work and appreciating the value that every team member brings to each community.
- Weekly Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability and Supplemental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with 40% Employer Match
- Personal/Sick and Vacation Time
- WorkLife Matters Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- Educational Assistance