Quest Food Management Services is looking for a Cook I / Entry-level Prep Cook to join our team!
Work for a growing company with a personal touch. Leadership is visible, approachable and shows that they care about their teams. Quest allows you to become an integral part of the local community, in an environment where you are listened to, supported and work-life balance and consistent scheduling is a priority. You are not just a number at Quest.
We provide the communities we serve with fresh, high-quality food, exceptional responsiveness and intensely personal service. We are committed to creating the most enduring relationships in the industry by what we do and how we do it, which is achieved through an unwavering commitment to our values:
- Integrity: we do the right thing at all times
- Responsiveness: we listen and respond quickly to provide the best solutions
- Accountability: we do what we say we will do and accept responsibility for the results
- Respect: we treat others better than we expect to be treated ourselves
- Excellence: we deliver the best experience possible
Cook I / Entry-level Prep Cooks prepare and present menu items during service of the cafeteria to Quest standards. Follows preparation list for items needed for execution of menus and assist in the day to day operations of the kitchen. Duties may include bulk preparation, catering prep, product receiving and cleaning. Assists customers and maintains line in a consistent and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare food as assigned and per directions, production sheets, standardized recipes, and time schedule.
- Accurately assemble and present menu items.
- Follow Quest, local, State and Federal guidelines for the proper handling of food products.
- Assist in the overall sanitation of the line and product kitchen. Work with other members of the kitchen as a team.
- Maintain open and effective communication with others.
- Prepare all items to standardized recipes according to each specific event’s needs as outlined on the menu.
- Communicate to supervisor product shortages, ordering needs and maintenance issues to maintain the level of day to day business.
Successful candidate(s) must have an outgoing, friendly and customer focused attitude, and must have the ability work with speed, attention to detail, consistency and organization. Punctuality, reliability, and the ability to work effectively on a team are a must.
Other Requirements Include:
- Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a prep cook
- Food Handler certification
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic as well as to understand measurements and conversions
- Ability to follow recipes
- Comfortable and pleasant demeanor in very busy environments
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Quest Food Management Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.