At CoreCivic we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Cook II, Community Corrections who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in a residential setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services and residential and non-residential transition centers. We provide effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and over 50 community residential and non- residential centers. Our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism, and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Cook II, Community Corrections prepares approved menu meals for the resident population and staff, orders food and provides guidance to team members. They will follow proper food handling procedures to ensure compliance with processes, food preparation methods and sanitary standards.
- Supervise food production to ensure quality menu items, proper food handling, portion control, serving temperatures and sanitary procedures.
- Review menu cycle for break out, prepares food according to menus and serves meals at designated meal times.
- Complete inventory for accurate ordering of food and supplies. Meets with vendors to maintain service relationship. Oversee kitchen deliveries and ensures proper invoicing and storage.
- Review temperature logs for food, refrigeration and freezer. Report relevant information of potential unsanitary conditions to supervisory staff and/or coordinates appropriate resolution.
- Conduct inspections of equipment and work area, to include kitchen, storeroom, pantry, service and dining areas, for maintenance and compliance with applicable policies, procedures, rules, standards and/or health, sanitation and safety laws. Report results of inspections as required and/or coordinates appropriate resolution.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Two years of related cooking or food preparation experience is required.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- An Associate's degree in Culinary Arts may be substituted for the required experience.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE– M/F/Vets/Disabled.