Looking for a great place to work? Currently we are seeking a Full-Time Cook II. The succesful candidate must work as part of the culinary team to produce lunch & dinner menu items, including items pertaining to diets, tray line needs, and special events. To work closely with the Chefs and Sous Chefs to assure that the company dining needs are met in a timely manner. To supervise and teach prep cooks the proper handling techniques of food, equipment and food prep.
University Retirement Community is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) located in Davis, California. Residents enjoy comfortable, carefree lifestyles in private, pet-friendly apartment or cottage homes, where they have the security of knowing a comprehensive continuum of care is available on campus, should their health care needs change.
-100% paid Medical, Dental and vision for full-time employees.
- Employee parking lot
- 401k with company match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee meals
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Time
*Pre-employment testing includes drug testing, fingerprint background check, reference checks, TB test and physical examination.
- Under direction of the Chefs and Sous Chefs, prepare lunch and dinner for the Dining Room, tray line, and special events.
- Under direction of the Chefs and Sous Chefs, delegate to other staff members specific duties that must be done to accomplish dining needs, working ahead as much as possible.
- Set up dinner serving line and buffet lines. Have all food and condiments necessary for that meal set up and ready to serve 10 minutes prior to service.
- Make sure that there is an adequate backup supply of food to ensure efficient service at all times. Relieve carver on buffet line as needed.
- Break down serving line after dinner and ensure that all food is dated and properly put away or disposed of.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience, preferably in high production kitchen with quality standards in preparation and presentation.
- Must be able to prepare soups, gravies, and sauces from scratch. Is competent in roasting, braising and sauté techniques.
- Should have experience in working ala carte dinner line.