QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES:
- Provides exceptional guest service to both external and internal guests by maintaining and exhibiting the We-Ko-Pa Way
- o Smile and Greet
- o Name and Meet
- o Thank you and Goodbye
- Performs line level cooking duties as assigned in the Noodles Sushiya Restaurant
- Responsible for working various stations of both hot and cold a la carte food production in the Sushi Restaurant
- Must maintain a neat and orderly food preparation environment with optimum cleanliness
- Follows recipe specifications and maintains high quality food preparation and consistency.
- Cooks in high volume and high quality environment.
- Candidate must have high level experience in the following production: Rice, Maki, Uramaki, Sashimi, Temaki, Nigiri and some traditional Asian dishes.
- Experience in high volume multi-unit operations casino or hospitality environment.
- Must be familiar with all cooking techniques and must be able to maintain various stations up to and including: broiler, saute, stoves, ovens, deep fryer, pizza ovens and other equipment required by restaurant.
- Must have experience in using kitchen hand tools, knives and related small wares.
- Works from production sheets to maintain consistency and accuracy.
- Must maintain inventory and food costs for outlets through portion control and recipe efficiency.
- Has knowledge of soups and sauces and must be able to execute sauce and soup recipes.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Keeps and uses rotated food items.
- Keeps refrigerators and dry storage organized and clean.
- Basic chemical awareness training is required.
- Communicates effectively with others at all times.
- Must be knowledgeable on all health department regulations and practices sanitation standards.
- Must have valid food handlers permit.
- Must have valid title 4 training.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years related experience of which a minimum of 2 years in a high volume kitchen operation.
- Casino and 4-Diamond Resort experience preferred.
- Must possess knife skills and food sanitation certification.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.