Abacus Staffing a leading provider of comprehensive employment/placement solutions is seeking market talent. We offer meaningful and long-term employment opportunities, competitive pay structure and outstanding customer service to a workforce of more than 20,000, nationally.
JOB TITLE: Cook
JOB LOCATION: Chesapeake
SCHEDULE: Monday – Sunday (Varied hours with 2 days off)
- Prepares foods such as vegetables, meats, and desserts
- Performs general food service area clean-up and sterilization including floors, refrigeration equipment, food preparation areas, storage areas, and other areas involved in food preparation to maintain a clean, safe environment.
- Sets tables with dishes and silverware; serves food; clears tables.
- Assembles and maintains buffets; serves individual items; breaks down buffet and stows items after event.
- Sets up and serves coffee breaks
- Maintains supplies and equipment, including inventorying and receiving food supplies and materials, and organizing supply areas.
- Polishes silverware and chafing dishes
- Assists with training of new personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Microsoft Access; Microsoft Word; Typing
Requires High School diploma or GED and any combination of education and experience equivalent to satisfactory completion of one year of college education
Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record