To prepare a wide variety of foods according to recipe requirements and to adhere to product sensitivities and plate presentation. To ensure that all prepared food meets food safety and quality standards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensures that all prepared food meets standard of excellence, 100% recipe adherence, and adheres to product sensitivity and plate presentation guidelines.
- Complies with all food safety rules, laws, protocols, and standards.
- Places expo-ready food in the window using the appropriate zoning standards.
- Keeps updated on recipe changes. Ensures proper execution of recipe procedures to maintain a high quality and consistent product.
- Keeps entire kitchen clean; stocks and sets up rotation.
- Keeps prepared food continuously moving out of the kitchen.
- Communicates ticket times and potential problems with the service staff, kitchen staff and Managers.
- Completes assigned prep work for stocking and set up of station. Breaks down and cleans station thoroughlydaily.
- Assists with Line Checks and ensures every product on assigned station is within sensitivity guidelines and adheres to food safety standards.
- Requisitions products on a timely basis. Operates and maintains equipment properly.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift.
- Ensures proper rotation of all products and stocks products to par. Labels, day dots and signs all products as appropriate.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significanceand takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Guest Experience
- Following and enforcement of standards of cleanliness and presentation
- Management of inventory
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Consistently fulfill the Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities above
- Guest satisfaction scores
- Food quality and cost
- Cleanliness and sanitation
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks, while maintaining standards in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Must produce items exactly according to recipe to ensure Guest satisfaction and control food costs in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Must follow food handling and sanitation procedures to control food costs and ensure overall safety
- Must be able to read Guest orders
- Must be able to hear kitchen, window person and/or Manager requests in the midst of loud background noise
- Must be able to stand, move and walk for entire shiftMust be able to bend and stoop frequently
- Must be able to lift and carry sacks and cases of up to 70 lbs., up to 20 times per shift: places these items onhigh shelves and in walk-in freezers
- Must be able to work frequently in a hot and damp environment
- Must be able to occasionally work in extreme cold temperatures in walk in freezer
- Must be able to use hands 99% of the time
PASSION FOR THE GUEST Actively contributes to fun, friendly and engaging service.
- Understands how their role impacts the Guest.
- Displays a caring attitude towards Guests.
- Contributes to the Guest experience through knowledge of job and products.
- Demonstrates a service attitude by providing support to those who are directly serving theGuest.
- Handles special requests in a responsive and positive way.
- Utilizes customer feedback to provide a better Guest experience.
COMMUNICATION Keeps the lines of communication positive, open and productive.
- Pays close attention to Guests' and coworkers' special requests to ensureaccuracy.
- Responds positively to conflict situations and works to find appropriate solutions.
- Keeps interaction positive and productive; avoids conveying negative messages.
- Shares information with others to raise awareness of potential needs and concerns.
- Listens carefully and attentively to others without interrupting.
- Asks thoughtful questions to ensure proper understanding of the message being conveyed.
- Contributes to pre-shift meetings by providing relevant updates and asking appropriate questions.
PASSION & INITIATIVE Keeps it fun and keeps up with the pace.
- Shows Guests and Team Members that (s)he genuinely enjoys the job.
- Displays passion, energy and pride in doing the job right.
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and drive; pushes for quick, yet accurate results.
- Focuses on the way (s)he approaches a task, not just the task itself.
- Takes independent action to improve existing systems and processes.
- Enthusiastically promotes the brand and menu items.
RELIABILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY Works hard and delivers quality results.
- Arrives on time and ready to work dressed in proper dress code.
- Attends all required shift meetings and is prepared to contribute.
- Minimizes wastes and costs (e.g., maintains proper rotation of inventory).
- Responds to food quality complaints by owning the situation and solving the problem quickly and properly.
- Uses good judgment and acts with integrity in all dealings; demonstrates consistency in words and actions.
FLEXIBILITY & STRESS TOLERANCE Knows that anything can and will happen and handles uncertainty in a calm, controlled manner.
- Addresses daily challenges and obstacles with confidence and a positive attitude.
- Easily adjusts to meet changing demands and new responsibilities.
- Prioritizes effectively and multitasks to ensure all tasks are completed by the end of the shift.
- Maintains an even-tempered demeanor even in stressful situations.
- Responds calmly to problems and controls emotional reactions.
- Handles him/herself in a professional manner at all times.
TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION Fuels an environment where everyone pitches in and gets along.
- Recognizes the importance of working together to accomplish goals.
- Actively promotes cooperation, respect, and acceptance of all Team Members.
- Establishes positive working relationships with all Team Members to maintain a productive environment.
- Takes on additional responsibilities to ensure proper coverage during rush periods.
- Reaches out to Team Members when necessary to ensure timely completion of all tasks.
- Takes advantage of opportunities to set an example for new or inexperienced Team Members.