Warm, caring Senior Care Community looking for an exceptional Cook who is responsible for all food preparation. Senior Care Cook ensures that all food meets, or exceeds, Western States Senior & Retirement Communities service standards. Prepare all food to meet quantity and service schedule requirements.
Senior Care Chef Responsibilities:
- Prepare food items using Western States Senior & Retirement Communities standardized recipes so that all food meets Western States Senior & Retirement Communities service standards.
- Food preparation must be based on menu and recipe requirements; Senior Care Cook will determine daily required supplies and amounts/types of food; obtain necessary supplies from storage areas in adequate time for meal production.
- Obtain approval from supervisor on all food substitutions.
- Food preparation in accordance to special dietary needs as directed by health care requirements; monitor quality of food items during preparation for taste, smell, appearance and temperature.
- Plan food preparation to coordinate with meal serving hours, so that quality, temperature and appearance of food meet Western States Senior & Retirement Communities service standards.
- Practice all safety and loss prevention procedures; adhere to universal precautions and all infection control guidelines.
- Assist in proper documentation and maintenance of menus and recipes.
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of senior resident information at all times.
- Perform any other reasonable task as assigned by the supervisor.
Senior Care Chef Job Qualifications
- Willingness to work with the elderly.
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions in order to follow standardized recipes and other written instructions.
- One year experience as cook, performing preparation of a full-line of menu items including therapeutic diets.
- Ability to physically handle weights up toand including 30 pounds.
- Possess a current Food Handler's Permit.
- Handle food in accordance with sanitary procedures and standards.
- Comply with all government regulatory procedures regarding food production.