Meadowbrook is seeking an energetic, reliable Cook to partner with our culinary staff and assist residents.
We are currently seeking candidates for full-time positions.
At Meadowbrook, we love what we do, and have fun while we're doing it! Working with our residents is an adventure. They've led amazing lives and have the stories to prove it. Here, you'll join a community of incredible residents and a company with 60 years of providing the highest quality of service and care. Here are some of the great benefits to working for a Koelsch Community:
- Opportunity for growth within the organization
- Excellent employee benefits program
- Professional development and senior-care training opportunities
- Health and dental insurance, vacation, and paid sick leave benefit offerings for full-time employees (or as required by the state for PT staff)
- Positive work environment
- Consistently scheduled shifts
- Staff appreciation parties
- Staff appreciation gifts or gift cards
- Opportunities to be featured in our Spotlight Company Newsletter
- Length of Service Bonus: up to $2,000 progressively paid out over tenure
- Signature company jacket awarded every 5 years of service
- Ensure food is prepared in a nutritional, appetizing fashion, and presented in an attractive manner per the menu and schedule
- Properly store, date, and rotate food per food handling guidelines
- Keep environment safe and clean
- Follow kitchen cleaning schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
Cook Required Qualifications:
- Candidates applying in Texas or Illinois must have completed an approved Dietary Manager's Course or possess a ServSafe certificate. (Candidates without Servsafe will be considered but must receive the certificate within first 30 days of employment)
- All requirements related to the food handlers certificate per state requirements
- Knowledge of food preparation, production and plate presentation
- Must possess a current CPR/First Aid certificate and update as needed
- Must be drug free and submit to a drug screening upon hire and routinely
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check upon hire and as required by state regulations
- Knowledge of special dietary needs
A third generation, family owned and operated community. Koelsch Communities, for sixty years, leads the industry in Memory Care by training and employing licensed nurses and professional staff on-site 24 hours a day. Our communities utilize the specially designed Personal Touch ProgramSM, instilling significance in every interaction. Koelsch Communities is committed to bringing dignity, respect and the highest standards of service to our residents and family members.
To provide a comfortable environment for seniors where independence, dignity, and personal growth are supported and encouraged. To provide hospitality and care with kindness and professionalism. To treat all people with the respect they deserve and the special attention they may need.
Koelsch Communities is an equal opportunity employer and these protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions/demotions, training, and any other career development programs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status (physical or mental), family medical history, genetic information, political affiliation or any other non-merit-based factors.
Key words: Line cook, chef, prep cook, culinary aide, culinary, kitchen aide, senior living