Kendall Regional Medical Center
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a 417-bed, full-service, acute hospital providing 24-hour comprehensive care in the community including trauma, burn, surgical, women’s and children’s services, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with two full service free-standing ER facilities, one in Doral and the other at The Palms Town & Country.
Located in west Miami-Dade County, Kendall Regional Medical Center has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Overall Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades. This national recognition places us in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation for overall clinical quality. We are a Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center certified by the Florida Department of Health and verified as a Level I Adult Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons. Kendall is certified as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and we are one out of only five American Burn Association verified Burn Centers in the state. With six ACGME accredited Graduate Medical Education programs Kendall strives to be a leading community-based research hospital.
Why not join our team at Kendall Regional Medical Center where you will experience a dynamic career with a hospital that continues to reward clinical professionals for their commitment and provide growth opportunities while encouraging you to enjoy a healthy lifestyle outside of work in a culturally diverse and friendly community?
We offer a generous benefits package, including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Match
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Reimbursement & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Scholarship Program
- Clinical Certification Support & Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- And more!
Being a part of HCA Healthcare, we provideunprecedented career opportunity including the ability to move within more than250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 21 states and theUnited Kingdom.
The Line Cook works under the direction of the FANS Management team to ensure that all work is performed utilizing all safety and sanitation guidelines. Performs routine daily tasks related to hot production needs of the Nutritional Service Department. The position will prepare and cook all hot food and related items ensuring a clean and sanitized work area in accord with recipe requirements. Provides the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Prepares hot foods in sufficient quantities to cover requirements according to production sheets, while avoiding over-production, thus eliminating waste and/or leftovers.
- Grills, cooks, prepares food for food service areas and fills in for cafeteria workers as needed in their absence.
- Times preparation of foods to meet food service schedules.
- Prepares food according to standardized recipes.
- Places hot food items in steam tables just prior to serving to ensure correct temperatures.
- Serves meals on the patient tray line, using standardized portion sizes, or as marked.
- Provides quality food preparation and service, which can be seen by color and consistency of therapeutic diets.
- Follows recommended serving portion size from recipe or production sheets.
- Follows menus provided and makes changes according to food supplies after consulting with Director or Dietitian.
- Checks next day menus for necessary pre-preparation (i.e. pulling frozen meat for tempering, cooking roasts).
- Labels hot food items for modified diets.
- Utilizes creativity and know-how in producing food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing.
- Uses proper techniques in storage, handling, holding of hot food items, including leftovers, label and date.
- Prepares and uses appropriate garnishes on patient trays based on approve therapeutic diets.
- Attends all mandatory hospital and department in-services.
- Completes duties quickly and efficiently, without compromising quality of work.
- Uses all necessary food service equipment as needed, using proper safety precautions and operation procedures (convection oven, microwave oven, bain marie, slicing machine, kettles, steamers, steam tables, grill, broiler, deep fat fryer, mixers, blender, and knives.
- Participates in Quality Improvement Control activities as required.
- Cleans work areas on own initiative, continually maintains a neat and sanitary work area.
- Completes other duties as assigned