Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Kartrite Resort & Indoor Waterpark is like nothing New York’s Catskills has ever seen before. With the USA’s most modern, state of the art, indoor waterpark, 350+ exquisitely designed rooms and suites, and a fantastic brand-new luxury lodge experience set right in the mountains, the Kartrite Resort delivers an unbelievable family adventure for all ages!
Nestled in the historic Catskills region of New York State, The Kartrite Resort & Indoor Waterpark is less than 2 hours from New York City, Northern New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut. The Kartrite Resort is the perfect place to stay in the Catskills!
Situated just a 3-wood away from the world-famous Monster Golf Course and home to the Catskill’s largest indoor waterpark, The Kartrite has completely rethought the idea of the perfect family resort. Splash the day away on thrilling waterslides! Surf an endless wave while enjoying a view of the heart of the Catskills. Satisfy your inner iron chef at any one of our innovative restaurants. Wind down after a day of aqua adventures at our relaxing spa. Think way outside the box. Throw a party, plan your dream wedding, or schedule a corporate outing. No matter your adventure, The Kartrite Resort & Indoor Waterpark offers a premium Catskills resort experience for the entire family.
We are looking for highly motivated Cooks to join the team at Kartrite Resort & Indoor Waterpark. The Cooks assist in the preparation, production and fabrication of food products for Banquets, Restaurants and Employee dining.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
- Production and fabrication of food products daily for the Restaurants, Banquets and Employee Dining Room
- Maintaining a high level of sanitation and safety in the Kitchen prep areas.
- Communicating daily for job assignments.
- Assisting the Chef with Banquet and/or Conference dining dish out for food service.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Resort
Formal Education and Job Related Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training required
- Meet governmental health requirements.
- Ability to operate kitchen power equipment.
- Ability to utilize cutting instruments.
- Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 40 lbs. (NOTE: kitchen equipment and food and non-food items).
- Excellent communication and guest relation skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Availability to work variable hours
Job-Related Physical Requirements
Occasional Crawling; Frequent Walking, Kneeling, Bending Over, Reaching, Pushing, Pulling, Balancing, Crouching, Lifting/Carrying up to 70lbs, Manual Dexterity, Fine Motor Skills, Gross Motor Skills, Eye/Hand Coordination, Near Vision, Far Vision, Color Recognition, Hearing. Constant Standing
Drug Free Workplace