With venues in 74 countries, including 183 cafes, 27 hotels and 12 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's most valuable collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise and Hard Rock Live performance venues. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes across Europe, Asia, and the Americas, as well as owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. Destinations include the company’s two most successful Hotel and Casino properties in Florida, both owned and operated by HRI parent entity The Seminole Tribe of Florida. In 2018, Hard Rock International was recognized as a Forbes Magazine Top Employer for Women and Land Operator of the Year at the Global Gaming Awards. For more information on Hard Rock International visit www.hardrock.com.
Even though kitchen employees may not come into direct contact with guests, their responsibilities are key to the Cafe’s success. At Hard Rock, cooks will be considered all-around culinary employees.
- Making prep recipes and menu products to spec
- Properly labeling, dating, covering and refrigerating prepped items for the line
- Performing opening, closing & side duties – setting up, stocking, and breaking down all kitchen equipment and prep, and line stations
- Maintaining a clean and organized kitchen, and line
- Practicing safety and sanitation standards
- Having a sense of urgency
- Properly reading items printed on order tickets or automated Kitchen Display System
- Assembling orders - double checking product quality and specs
- Demonstrating impeccable product knowledge
- Involved in handling all re-cook, special prep, long ticket, large party/voucher group procedures
- Communicating professionally with co-workers and Front-of-the-House staff
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience (experience requirements may vary by location)
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- In some U.S. States, a food safety certification program is required to be completed before being able to serve food or alcohol, which may include a food handlers card (i.e., California law requires this)
- Remaining calm in a hectic, fast-paced atmosphere
- Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention-to-detail and a sense-of-urgency
- Displaying a positive and outwardly friendly attitude toward guests and co-workers
- Maintaining HRC’s 5 core Values and Mission Statement
- Ability to move throughout the Corporate office and Cafes during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending, etc.) for extended periods of time
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment
- Must be at least 19 years old
- Maintaining a well-groomed appearance (“having a plan”)
- Following all uniform guidelines
- Practicing all general safety & sanitation standards
- Recycling products, where possible
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL – SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Disclaimer While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).