Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Cook position is responsible for the preparation, production, and presentation of a variety of foods, completion of production sheets and with other associated food service activities for an Assisted Living kitchen.
- Performs all main line food production duties.
- Prepares food as indicated by par level sheets and in accordance with both Nutritional Services and Health Department standards.
- Reviews the needs of the day with assigned supervisor(s), completes production sheets, verifies supply needs and availability.
- Is responsible for quantity and quality control in food production as well as overall sanitation of assigned areas.
- Assists in training of food service personnel.
- Arranges for food service workers to complete smaller item preparation.
- Oversees food serving lines and coffee bars, ensuring food items are properly stocked.
- Observes and instructs others on the proper rotation (FIFO) procedures to be followed for all food related items.
- Follows all Food Safety Standards (HACCP).
- Completes all freezer, cooler and warming temperature and sanitation logs.
- Supports an active safety program.
- May assist other food service personnel at any given time.
- Other related duties may also be assigned.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- Must have High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have Alaska Food Handlers Card or ServSafe certification contingent upon 30 days of hire.
- At least one (1) year of general food service experience.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Certain position(s) require a valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS' vehicle insurance policy.
Weather: Indoors: environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to be done inside.
Office conditions: Pace of work environment: Medium
Customer Interaction: Moderate
Description of environment: Pioneer Home: this is an industrial kitchen located in an assisted living setting.
Physical requirements: Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Dedication to understanding and exceeding customer expectations/needs.
High volume of customer interaction.
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000