We're looking for people who care.
United Methodist Homes' Wesley Village in Pittston, PA is committed to serving our community by offering exceptional senior care options while simultaneously creating an employee-friendly environment. Successful United Methodist Homes employees all have one thing in common: truly caring about the people we serve. With quality and compassionate care always top-of-mind, our environment offers supportive teamwork and opportunities for healthcare professionals to learn and grow!
United Methodist Homesis currently hiringaCook for the following positions:
- Full Time Cook to work from 5:30 am - 2:00 pm or 10:00 am - 6:30 pm.
- Part Time Cook
What will I do?
- Maintains quality of food provided.
- Provides quality service of dining areas.
- Ensures compliance with sanitation.
- Participates on designated committees and meetings.
- Participates in menu planning.
- Addresses resident, family and staff concerns.
- Submits reports timely.
- Follows established policies and procedures.
- Prepares quality meals and baked goods as indicated by scheduled position.
- Follows HACCP standards and procedures.
- Trains new employee.
- Assists in evaluation of Dietary Aides.
- Replaces staff for call-ins and assists with the scheduling process.
- Other duties as assigned.
What do I need for this role?
- Minimum of 1-year of cooking experience in a professional environment.
- Ability to read, and interpret common recipe and production reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, resident and/or family members, or regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively present information to employees, residents and/or family members.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to site; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
What makes United Methodist Homes unique?
- We are a faith-based nonprofit organization, committed to serving the community since 1958, and adhering to our mission of providing a wide range of senior living services with truly exceptional care and compassion.
- We have 2 locations in the Binghamton, NY-area as well as our PA locations in Pittston and Tunkhannock - all providing senior care options and opportunities for career growth!
- We recognize our success depends on committed staff members. We offer a comprehensive, affordable benefit program which includes spousal and family coverage:
- Competitive pay rates
- Incentive compensation programs
- Health insurance plan with Wellness program options
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 403B retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Forgiveness for RNs and LPNs
- Weekend bonus and shift differential payments.
- Employee referral incentive
United Methodist Homesis an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.