At Cracker Barrel Old Country Store food is at the core of who we are! Our grill cooks, prep cooks, and backup cooks use our recipes and methods of food preparation to create from scratch, home-style dishes. You will prepare delicious offerings from our fluffy blueberry pancakes to savory slices of hickory-smoked bacon to made-from-scratch buttermilk biscuits. All of our food is prepared by our talented cooks delivering the same consistent, high quality experience that our guests expect and deserve!
Come join our daily mission of “Pleasing People” where you will have a chance to use your cooking talents to tell our guests: “Welcome to Cracker Barrel, welcome home!”
If you are friendly and guest-focused, you can thrive as a cook in our restaurant. Our cooks work together as a team to help us achieve our mission of “Pleasing People.” In turn, you will have the opportunity for flexible hours, and continued training, all in a family friendly environment.
No experience? No problem! We will train you in every aspect of the kitchen so that you feel comfortable rotating through prep cook, backup cook, and grill cook. Our recipes and food preparation techniques ensure a consistent, quality guest experience every time.
To be successful as a Cracker Barrel cook you must be able to:
- Stand for long periods, and work with extremely hot food items as well as a few cold items.
- You’re expected to maintain Cracker Barrel’s standards of food quality, safety, cleanliness, and hospitality while delivering the signature comfort food that our guests expect with a new Southern twist.
- You must be able to lift, load and carry up to 40 pounds,
- Have the ability to understand and carry out instructions, while working effectively with co-workers and managers.
- Due to the equipment utilized in this role, you must be at least 18 years of age.