We currently have openings in all Cedarhurst locations. While this posting indicates the St Louis area, we are actively dispersing resumes of candidates who are in our other markets to the appropriate management teams at the communities. Please see below after the job description for the list of all our locations that have open positions available.
We have a new and exciting opportunities to serve as a Cook (various shifts) within the Cedarhurst Living organization! If you’re looking for a rewarding opportunity and desire to work for a company who truly cares about the people it serves – apply now!
To Cedarhurst Living, LLC, our residents are family; and as such, we take great pride in providing superior, compassionate health care services and support to residents in our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. Our approach to Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care is shaped by respect and understanding of the unique lives of our residents. We believe our communities are more than just a place to live, they are a place to call home, and most importantly; a place to thrive!
About the role…
Cedarhurst Living, LLC believes in serving our residents to the best of our ability. This includes providing our residents with a quality dining experience and excellent customer service. We envision dining within our communities to be that of a fine dining restaurant. As a Cook at Cedarhurst Living you will provide a top-notch dining experience for our residents and their families. You will be responsible for preparing food as well as addressing any special dietary needs for all residents within the community. Additionally, you’ll assist with all catering services, special party needs and marketing functions.
You will work alongside the Dining Services Director to ensure the best dining experience for our residents and create a pleasant and sanitary cooking and dining area. Like Cedarhurst, you are committed to excellence, understand the importance and impact of quality person-centered care and are passionate about seniors. – You thrive on building relationships with a goal of making a difference in people’s lives. You will promote our community lifestyle, its amenities and life enriching programs, and achieve a level of customer service that identifies with our servant-heart standards of operation.
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent AND previous experience in fine dining, as well as at least 1 year of experience as a cook
- Basic knowledge of all Federal, State, and facility regulations regarding sanitation and infection control.
- Ensures the proper preparation, portioning, and serving of foods as indicated on the menu cycle and standardized recipes. - Tastes and prepares food to determine quality.
- Prepares all special dietary needs as directed by the Dining Services Director and/or menus assigned
- Determines food and supplies needed and coordinate meal production with serving hours.
- Monitors all food items to see that at least the minimum guidelines for temperature, taste, and quality are upheld at all times.
- Maintains or exceeds standards of appearance, cleanliness, hygiene, and health standards.
- Assists with proper documentation of temperature logs, taste panel forms, and cleaning schedules.
- Knowledgeable in computer applications such as: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution for residents, families, employees and others as needed.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction from management, as well as take initiative – willing to go above and beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are comfortable in their living environment.
- Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
- Must remain flexible and have the ability to work weekends as Manager on Duty, when necessary.
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding senior living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
What you need to know when considering a career with Cedarhurst…
Cedarhurst professionals use their expertise and genuine respect for our residents to serve in ways that encourage independence, dignity and individuality. We believe it’s important to take time to get to get to know the residents you’ll be serving and to put into practice our company values:
- Passionate about what you do and the care you provide.
- Trustworthy – trust is earned by outstanding service and dedication to our residents.
- Empathetic toward the residents we serve; and be there to listen, assist and above all else – care.
- Positive in your interactions with our residents providing them with a memorable and pleasant experience.
- Respectful toward the residents and others, giving them the attention, dignity and independence, they deserve.
- Approachable – together we are family. Honest care and personalized service cannot be faked.
We seek out team members and leaders who exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all residents, visitors, employees and the overall community. In addition, we seek out team members and leaders who are driven to provide a successful and enriched life experience to the seniors residing within our communities.
If you feel you would be the right fit for our organization, we encourage you to apply. – Be part of making a true difference in our resident’s lives!
We currently have openings in all Cedarhurst locations. While this posting indicates the St Louis area, we are actively dispersing resumes of candidates who are in our other markets to the appropriate management teams at the communities.
Atlanta area (Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek)
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.