SUMMARY: Reports directly to the Director of Food Service. Performs kitchen duties at assigned school building, including working as a team member with one or more employees in the daily preparation of school breakfast, lunch and special school functions as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs kitchen duties, as a team member, consisting of preparation of food and clean up of kitchen and equipment and operation of cash register, as assigned.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of a variety of foods to meet menu requirements.
- Follows recipes and menus, price schedules and portion controls, sets up food on serving line and/or steam tables and serves meals or components, in accordance with department standards.
- Follows established instructions for meal pattern requirements as they relate to portion sizes and the requirements for reimbursable meals.
- Stores or disposes of leftovers properly (where applicable); maintains accurate records of food production, leftovers and meal counts.
- Operates computerized system of accounting meals, pre-payments and other functions.
- Washes, sanitizes and stores dishes, tableware and kitchen utensils and food serving surfaces and sweeps all debris from kitchen floors.
- Stores food and supplies in accordance with health department regulations.
- Performs assigned kitchen tasks in accordance with standard kitchen practices while following established District policies, safety and sanitation regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties listed above. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Basic knowledge of arithmetic, spelling, English and grammar. Accuracy in checking, posting, proofreading and counting, requiring a basic skills knowledge. Equivalent to high school diploma.
- Experience: Requires a minimum of three months up to and including one year of experience in quantity food preparation and service or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Skills and Abilities which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:Apply commonsense understanding to carry out one or two-step instructions. Deal with standardized situations with occasional or no variables in or from these situations encountered on the job.
- Add and subtract two digit numbers. Perform the four basic arithmetic operations.
- Reading, writing and speaking at a basic level.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Year: 9 Month
Salary: Cook Range on the District Food Service Salary Schedule