SUMMARY OF DUTIES
To maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of flatware, glassware, dishes, pots, pans, kitchen equipment and surface areas in the kitchen and employee meal room.
1. Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand.
2. Checks all items for cleanliness and stores cleaned, dried items and equipment in the proper places.
3. Cleans and sanitizes production equipment, work areas, surface tops and shelves, including walls, floors and ceilings in the kitchen and serving area.
4. Monitors and maintains proper chemical amounts and temperatures for the dish machine and pot sink daily. Ensures water in dish machine is changed as needed.
5. Sorts and removes trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
6. Loads or unloads trucks that deliver or pick up food and supplies.
7. Stock supplies such as food and utensils in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, and salad bars.
8. Cleans garbage cans with water or steam.
9. Prepare pantry, grab-and-go and salad bar items, as needed.
10. Keeps register area neat and stocked with necessary supplies.
11. Assists in the kitchen and cafeteria with items such as clean-up, stocking, as needed.
12. Performs other related tasks, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may apply.
* Visual acuity
* Color perception
* Depth perception
* Field of vision/peripheral
* Fine motor skills
* Heat and steam
* Chemical vapors
* Education equivalent to a High School diploma.
* Current Food Handler's Permit.
* The ability to read, write and speak English, typically acquired through a high school diploma.
* Ability to perform a variety of tasks requiring knowledge of dish washing and other kitchen equipment, dexterity and fine motor skills.
* Ability to follow instructions in performing repetitive tasks.
* Attentiveness in performing tasks.
* Ability to work as a member of a team.
* Eye-hand coordination -- dexterity
* Reading, writing and communication skills (in English)
* Kitchen equipment operation
Infectious Control Risk Category II:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category II states employment and procedures that may require exposure.
At Merit Medical, our mission is to create innovative medical devices that improve lives. Our goal is to hire and develop people who want to build something special through hard work, team effort, and commitment. Together, we are making a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
As an eligible Merit employee, you can expect the following:
* Multiple Shifts and Hours to choose from: Days, Swing (Eve), and Nights
* Medical/Dental & Other Insurances (eligible the first of month after 30 days)
* No Cost Onsite Dental Clinic | Low Cost Onsite Medical Clinic
* Two (2) Onsite Cafeterias
* Employee Garden | Gardening Classes
* 3 Weeks' Vacation | 1 Week Sick-Time | Paid Holidays
* 401K | Health Savings Account
To see more on our culture, go to www.merit.com/careers.
Day in the Life:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled