Breakfast/ Lunch shift. Fresh food and recipes. Maniac-Mikes Cafe in Upland, CA is looking for a Full-time Line Cook who will accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Come in fill out application or apply on-line.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, oven, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rule policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, cookers, sauté burners, oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sauteing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed. Maintains a shopping list as the product is used.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations, as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or Manager on duty.
- Maintain professional attitude under pressure when busy and overwhelmed.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Must be able to be a TEAM player and work with all types of people.
- Must be able to obtain a San Bernardino Food Handlers card.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: 16.00 Hourly