Cook for West Newton Healthcare
Full Time Day Shift Available
If you have a passion for helping people, for making them feel safe, respected, cared for and listened to, then your next step is with us.
At Next Step Healthcare, we know that working in the healthcare industry is more than just a job – it’s a way of life reserved for the most compassionate, caring, and hard-working individuals. We are privileged to work alongside people who believe, like we do, that locally owned and operated healthcare facilities should go beyond simply “meeting the needs” of its residents.
Prepares and cooks food in large quantities according to diet, consistency, and cycles of menu. Monitors methods of food handling, preparation, meal service and equipment cleaning.
- Read menus, recipes, and reviews with Food Service Director, all necessary steps in meal preparation
- Prepare all necessary menu items in accordance with established standards
- Determine quantity of all food needed in meal preparation
- Follow recipes
- Ensure that all federal, state, department, and other necessary government agency requirements are met in the preparation of food
- Ensure all supplies and equipment are kept in a clean/sanitary condition
- Promote a culture of safety
- Contribute to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented and responsive to the concerns of co-workers, residents and families
- Participate in quality improvement activities (QAPI) as requested
- Maintain confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information (HIPAA) at all times
- Demonstrates organizational and critical thinking skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to create a resident-centered environment
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations
Qualifications: Experience in a culinary environment, large volume food preparation and service is preferred. Must have ServSafe certification.
- Effective Communication
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday)
- Medical through BCBS
- Life Insurance