At Mather LifeWays, our focus is on providing extraordinary service to residents. We’re seeking a part time cook who can do it all—with a working knowledge of both a la carte and batch cooking techniques, as well as restaurant and rotational style menus. Our culinary team serves timely, quality meals in multiple restaurants within our independent living senior living residence.
This opening is for the following schedule: Monday through Friday 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
About Mather Place
Mather Place is an independent living rental community for those age 62 and better located in the heart of Chicago’s North Shore in Wilmette, Illinois, a short walk from Old Orchard shopping center. Mather Place includes 179 independent living apartment homes, as well as two restaurants, a fitness center, art studio, library, and more.
Mather Place is located at 2801 Old Glenview Road in Wilmette.
What We Offer:
Mather LifeWays offers a benefits package* that goes above and beyond.
All employees are eligible for:
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days, sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- 401(k) program with strong employer match and annual contribution (Age 21 or better)
- Convenient subsidized parking or public transportation for certain locations
- Learning to Age Well Program – employees can be reimbursed up to $130 per year for completion of classes such as music lessons, yoga, or foreign language classes
Half-time or more employees can take advantage of:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
- Employee wellness programs, including free annual wellness screening
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance - 100% coverage by Mather LifeWays
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Expectations of Mather LifeWays Employees:
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with residents, customers, and coworkers
- The ability to learn new tasks and information and apply to serving others
- A commitment to delivering on responsibilities
- Reliability, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
About Mather LifeWays:
Based in Evanston, Illinois, Mather LifeWays is a unique, non-denominational not-for-profit organization founded in 1941. Dedicated to developing and implementing Ways to Age Well, we create programs, places, and residences for today’s young-at-heart older adults. These include senior living residences (The Mather, Mather Place, and Splendido); a variety of community-based initiatives; and Mather LifeWays Institute on Aging, a resource for research and information about aging, trends and innovations in aging services, and more.
Mather LifeWays values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “Chicago’s Top Workplaces” by the Chicago Tribune for four years in a row and have been recognized as Illinois’ Healthiest Midsize Employer.
Mather LifeWays is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position.