Workstrings International, a Superior Energy Services Company, established in 1997, is a tubular rental company that specializes in the rental of primary drill pipe strings, tubing, landing strings, eXtreme™ Completion Tubulars and associated accessories. Workstrings maintains over 10,000,000 feet of drill pipe, tubing and associated accessories in inventory, which includes the industry’s largest inventory of Landing String. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
We are currently seeking a Procurement Coordinator based in Broussard, LA.
This job is responsible for daily purchase and building of new assets, repairs on damaged assets, and modifications on existing assets. The individual works with the Lubbock District Manager, Operations Manager and Material Coordinators to fulfill orders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Configure new asset drawings
- Obtain quotes for manufacturing and/or purchase of new assets and follow up on existing orders
- Maintain records of purchase orders released to vendors
- Maintain active spreadsheet for available bar stock
- Maintain list of equipment built from bar stock
- Process receiving paperwork for assets on order spreadsheet
- Review and match Certification documentation for assets
- Processing and maintaining accurate inventory changes
- Creation of the required paperwork for retiring of existing assets
- Setup Opus Inventory codes for new equipment
- Interact with accounting personnel regarding asset additions and purchases
- Interact with QA and engineering personnel for approval on new asset drawings to maintain the highest level of accuracy prior to machine shop receipt
- Follow and adhere to QA/HSE policies and procedures
- Posting of purchase orders once pricing and chargeback information has been approved
- Price negotiation on high volume or high cost items
- Ship and receive tools to the shop
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in MS Office (Specifically Excel)
- Ability to learn and understand software
- Knowledge in purchasing practices
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to manage own work load
Credentials and Experience
- The minimum education level for this position is a high school graduate or equivalent. Multiple years’ experience in purchasing or oilfield operations a plus.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified; nothing restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason