We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Business & Legal Affairs team.
Title: Coordinator, Business and Legal Affairs
Here you’ll get to:
- “Own” and frequently edit and assist in troubleshooting the BA Digital Workplace
- Author and maintain status sheets for VP and SVP of Business & Legal Affairs
- Assist with updating SVP, VP, and Sr. Director of Business & Legal Affairs status entries for CEO
- Author, send, and track invoices to collect various fees for WBR
- Create charts for VP and SVP of Business & Legal Affairs
- Manage calendars for VP and SVP of Business & Legal Affairs
- Manage Outlook contacts for SVP of Business & Legal Affairs
- Manage the Agreement Log and distribute agreement numbers to attorneys
- Upload, tag, and internally distribute fully-executed agreements in the K-Archive/Sharepoint Center
- Researched artists existing masters and videos
- Authored multiple “Key Considerations” paragraphs for WMG Deal Overviews for Breanne
- Send past due notices
- On an ad hoc basis, summarize documents and agreements
- Redline agreements
- Send revised drafts and proposals on behalf of attorneys on a semi-regular basis
- Prepare agreements for execution and obtain W9s and invoices from outside parties for payment
- Serve as editor for various deal memos & various artist-related documents.
- Return fully-executed agreements to outside parties and author cover letters
- Send 95% of the checks the department sends out to artists, attorneys, producers, etc.
- Author cover letters for checks
- Conduct various research projects for WBR, and act as a problem solver
- Manage the file room, create new files, log and send files to storage on a regular basis
- Assist in writing O-1 letters
- Work w/ A&R Administration to ensure producer/mixer agreements & LODs are accurate
- Occasionally assist w/ Video Production Agreements
- Occasionally author no objection letters
- Create and manage working files for VP and SVP of Business & Legal Affairs
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of personalities and styles
• Fast paced work environment requires strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, and a high attention to detail
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently
• Knowledge of all standard computer programs (PC experience: Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2-5 years’ experience working as executive assistant
• Experience developing office processes and procedures
• Former office management experience highly desired
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, for several executives
• Strong organization skills, excellent typing and proof reading, good follow through, excellent phone and interpersonal skills, detail oriented, strong work ethic
• Willingness to help executives maximize their own performance, to be a team player
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
• Ability to learn new tasks quickly; commitment to excellence and self-improvement
• Ability to communicate clearly and identify issues, without being prompted to do so
• Prior experience working in business and legal affairs and/or for a record label or other music or entertainment company is preferable, but not required.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.