This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Orange Coast Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Orange Coast Medical Center�s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
The Data Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the department�s webpage(s); creating, producing and distributing reports and calendars; preparing, supporting, and maintaining the hospital�s call panels; pursuing and updating expiring/expired documents; preparing and distributing the medical staff suspension list; pursuing expiring reappointments; coordinating and facilitating meetings as assigned; updating the credentialing database as needed; reviewing occurrence reports and initiating follow-up; tracking provider immunizations; filing; assisting with office administrative functions including, but not limited to, ordering supplies, assisting with special events, vacation coverage, and correspondence.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Facilitates meetings including notices, agenda preparation, taking and transcribing minutes, and completing follow-up.
- Ability to work in a variety of computer systems to create and distribute reports, call panels, calendars, presentations, minutes, correspondence, webpages, and supply and purchase orders.
- Exercises discretion and sound judgment in the handling of sensitive or confidential information.
- Supports the department in special events, projects, and other endeavors as assigned.
- Exhibits professional demeanor and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, management, medical staff, providers� office staffs, and others.
- Minimum of one year of advanced clerical and/or secretarial experience required.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and ability to work with other databases.
- Excellent critical thinking, and oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High school diploma
- Some college-level courses
- Medical Staff Office or other hospital experience preferred.